Monday, December 19, 2011

The Albertsons Adventure

Let's face it when you have a four year old in the house you never really know what is going to come spewing from their mouths.  Which I am beginning to experience more and more with Maddie.  She hears bits and pieces from everyone and then tries to put them together by herself without knowing what she is truly talking about.  Although I will have to admit it is becoming very hard not laugh at some of these hilarious things she is saying. 


The trip to Albertsons the other day was a complete comedy tour with this kid from the minute we walked in the store until we left.  It started with a teenage girl was standing in the aisle and Maddie happened to notice her obnoxious hair.  I could feel her little brains working and I noticed that she was starring at the young girl. I was trying to get the items that I needed quickly before Maddie had a chance to say what was on her mind.    In a whispering voice that wasn't so quiet as we are standing right behind this girl Maddie says "look at that girls hair, it's blue mom." However she did save it with a "but I like it." Then we continue to walk and I ask her to carry something.  "Hold on." I look down and she is shoving the cream cheese in her purse.  "Maddie, what are you doing honey, you cant do that we have to pay for it."  She says, "Mom I only have two hands and you keep asking me to carry things. I told you we needed to get a cart. "  I apologized to her and she began to take the cream cheese out of her purse.  Finally after we ran around the store getting stuff it came time to check out and she simply says, "mom don't worry I will pay for it with my credit card." She whips out the fake American express that came in the mail days early that I gave her.  The elderly lady behind us couldn't stop laughing. 

1 comment: